Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Miller, Timothy" <Ti...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2018/12/21 17:52:00 UTC

Re: ctakes-web-rest changes [EXTERNAL]

There is certainly no need to apologize! It's 100x easier for me to change an existing version that runs than to write it from scratch since I don't really know REST that well, so thanks for contributing that code. That's the beauty of open source teams with different expertise!
Tim

Posted by gandhi rajan <ga...@gmail.com>.
This should be really handy Tim. Will have a look on this once my setup is
ready. I m still awaiting for my new personal PC to up and running.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Gandhi

On Thursday, January 24, 2019, Miller, Timothy <
Timothy.Miller@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:

> I checked in some code to wrap the REST server in a docker container. The
> good news is, it lets you run a ctakes rest server with a pretty simple
> build command that should be system independent! The bad news is, the image
> is 16Gb, and it has a hard time running on a machine with 8Gb. So this is a
> work in progress, but if anyone wants to try it I'd be happy to hear how it
> works for you. It is in ctakes-web-rest/docker.
> Just run:
> docker build -t ctakes-web-rest .
> from that directory, then run:
> start_rest.sh
> It will take a while for the server to start up because it needs to unpack
> the .war file and initialize all the UIMA modules. If you run:
> docker logs <container id>
> you will be able to see how much progress it has made.
> Once it's started you can navigate in a web browser to
> localhost:8080/ctakes-web-rest and you should see it. Or from a REST client
> api the url will be localhost:8080/ctakes-web-rest/service/analyze
>
> Thanks
> Tim

Gandhi

"The best way to find urself is to lose urself in the service of others !!!"

Re: ctakes-web-rest changes [EXTERNAL]

Posted by gandhi rajan <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Tim. Great work.