Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Lutz Thomas <lu...@aim-ag.com> on 2005/06/13 18:54:51 UTC

Bug ? different sendPage in javaflow flowscript ?

Hi !

I just tried to migrate some of my flowscript to javaflow.

My sitemap maps on action requests xy.do, calls flow, and delegates to a
view pipeline xy.html.

Using flowscript sendPage(xy.html) I get the original requestURI xy.do via
<map:parameter name="requestURI" value="{request:requestURI}" />.

With javaflow I get xy.html, as it should be I suppose...

Is this a bug or a feature :-) ?

Regards,

tom

Re: Bug ? different sendPage in javaflow flowscript ?

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.
Hi Tom,

> My sitemap maps on action requests xy.do, calls flow, and delegates to a
> view pipeline xy.html.
>
> Using flowscript sendPage(xy.html) I get the original requestURI xy.do
> via <map:parameter name="requestURI" value="{request:requestURI}" />.
>
> With javaflow I get xy.html, as it should be I supposeā€¦
>
> Is this a bug or a feature J ?

 From what I know of FlowScript, sendPage should not perform a client redirect, but redirectTo
should. I don't know whether JavaFlow supports a redirectTo and is therefore able to make the same
distinction.

To my opinion, a sendPage should not cause a redirect. You might have good reasons to hide
(internal?) pipes or they might not even be accessible from outside..

Cheers,
Geert