Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/18 19:39:55 UTC

How to get the configuration properties of a plugin execution without an execution plan

Consider a project with an arbitrary structure of parent that might
contain plugins and plugin management.

In an M2Eclipse plugin I'm maintain, I am asking the question:

"Is there an execution of GROUP:ARTIFACT:GOAL, and, if so, what is the
contents of the <configuration/> element?"

I currently do this by walking an execution plan.

This depends on the plugin being bound to a phase in the lifecycle
used to build the execution plan.

users have asked me if I can't come up with some other scheme that
does not require the lifecycle binding.

Is there a way to navigate the plugins of the 'effective pom' to this
effect using the API?