Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Whitney Sorenson <ws...@hubspot.com> on 2014/07/14 17:53:20 UTC

Framework capable of launching multiple tasks on same offer?

During some recent testing, I found it could take quite a few offer cycles
in order to launch a high number of small tasks.

Unfortunately, my reading of the framework + driver API didn't yield a
definitive answer.

So, I wrote the code to calculate the remaining resources in an offer, and
tried it and it seems to work (the tasks launch and run on slave); however,
I do see warning messages:

W0714 16:45:40.227408 400543744 sched.cpp:901] Attempting to launch task
test-sleep-101-1405352740168-2-localhost-DEFAULT with an unknown offer
20140714-163828-16777343-5050-53164-67

-Whitney

Re: Framework capable of launching multiple tasks on same offer?

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.
You can ignore that warning message. It was logged by mistake due to a
regression. It's fixed on HEAD and will be included in 0.20.0.

commit dd94a1fe9aff281f49d61bd8c214f41fcb340b04

Author: Vinod Kone <vi...@twitter.com>

Date:   Thu May 29 15:32:03 2014 -0700

    Fixed a bug in scheduler driver to properly erase 'savedOffers'.

    Review: https://reviews.apache.org/r/22148

Posted by Whitney Sorenson <ws...@hubspot.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.