Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Yang Liu <li...@voxa.com> on 2000/08/21 08:58:05 UTC

A Java Problem

Hi, all:
I have a java problem. One of my servlet needs connect to outside internet on
user requests, but my network connection is not stable. So sometimes when my
servlet make connection outside it will get HostUnkownException since network
disconnect. But I found that later when the network is ok, I will still get
HostUnkownException. I followed the code, and found that in InetAddress it will
cache DNS resolve result.

My question is: can I disable the cache? Or, can I let Java just cache those
DNS resolve success entry, but don't cache those failed?

I am using jdk1.2.2 from SUN. And I know I should put this question on Java
maillist. But since this is the only maillist I subscribed, so please help :-)

Thanks.

Yang

URI question

Posted by Duane Gran <ra...@spinweb.net>.
I have a simple question... when using Tomcat in stand alone mode, the
URI is a little bit long.  For example, to access the Hello World
example, the URL is:

  http://www.domain.com/example/servlet/HelloWorldExample

How would I go about changing this to be just
/servlet/HelloWorldExample?  Many thanks in advance.

Duane Gran