Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by John Sisson <jr...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/25 04:45:33 UTC

Is SingleFileHotDeployer still used?

Is
1.1\modules\deployment\src\java\org\apache\geronimo\deployment\SingleFileHotDeployer.java
still used?  I can see anything referencing it except for some tests.

It was added in April 2006 by Dain in

What is its relationship to the
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.hot.DirectoryHotDeployer used in the
hot-deployer-config?

There were a number of issues with a fix version of 1.1 referencing the
SingleFileHotDeployer so it seems like it is/was used:

John

Re: Is SingleFileHotDeployer still used?

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
It was added based on customer demand.  :)

Thanks,
    Aaron

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Yes, it is still used. I know of at least one user that is using
SingleFileHotDeploy.   In an earlier thread on the subject, Dain
mentioned that this would be replaced with a new Hot Deploy
implementation in 1.2.  AFAIK that new implementation has not yet been
created.

Also, the current Hot Deploy (while providing much more capability than
SFHD) doesn't cover at least one scenario that I understand is being
used: forcing a deployment of the application on each server restart
without regard to application changes.

Joe