Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Jesse Alexander (KADA 11)" <al...@csfs.com> on 2002/07/16 13:34:44 UTC

RE: Latest Nightly build - corrupt Class-Path entry in manifest.m f

Good and thanks for searching it,

the problem with the manifest.mf and the class-path is, that according to the
official docs the class-path-manifest-entry MUST be split at the 68th character
and that theoretically it should be reassembled on the fly.

Relaity shows that some servlet-engines (or is the JVM's or the class-loaders; I don't know)
do not make it correctly. And at least WLS (or its class-loaders or the underlaying JVM's)
is among the problematic issues.

Alexander Jesse

Posted by James Holmes <jh...@yahoo.com>.
This probably started happening as of nightly build
20020616 since that is when the Class-Path: entry got
added to the MANIFEST.MF file in CVS.

If you open a bug for this in Bugzilla I'll get it
taken care of tonight.  Make sure to include all the
info from this thread.

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla

-james
james@jamesholmes.com