Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "ani.desh1512" <an...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/24 23:12:25 UTC

Flink with Yarn on MapR

Hi,
I am trying to setup flink with Yarn on Mapr cluster. I built flink
(flink-1.3-SNAPSHOT) as follows:

mvn clean install -DskipTests -Pvendor-repos
-Dhadoop.version=2.7.0-mapr-1607

The build is successful. Then I try to run ./bin/yarn-session.sh -n 4
(without changing any config or whatsoever) and get the following error:

Error while deploying YARN cluster: Couldn't deploy Yarn cluster
java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't deploy Yarn cluster
                at
org.apache.flink.yarn.AbstractYarnClusterDescriptor.deploy(AbstractYarnClusterDescriptor.java:425)
                at
org.apache.flink.yarn.cli.FlinkYarnSessionCli.run(FlinkYarnSessionCli.java:620)
                at
org.apache.flink.yarn.cli.FlinkYarnSessionCli$1.call(FlinkYarnSessionCli.java:476)
                at
org.apache.flink.yarn.cli.FlinkYarnSessionCli$1.call(FlinkYarnSessionCli.java:473)
                at
org.apache.flink.runtime.security.HadoopSecurityContext$1.run(HadoopSecurityContext.java:43)
                at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)
                at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1595)
                at
org.apache.flink.runtime.security.HadoopSecurityContext.runSecured(HadoopSecurityContext.java:40)
                at
org.apache.flink.yarn.cli.FlinkYarnSessionCli.main(FlinkYarnSessionCli.java:473)
Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string:
"${nodemanager.resource.cpu-vcores}"
                at
java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)
                at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getInt(Configuration.java:1271)
                at
org.apache.flink.yarn.AbstractYarnClusterDescriptor.isReadyForDeployment(AbstractYarnClusterDescriptor.java:315)
                at
org.apache.flink.yarn.AbstractYarnClusterDescriptor.deployInternal(AbstractYarnClusterDescriptor.java:434)
                at
org.apache.flink.yarn.AbstractYarnClusterDescriptor.deploy(AbstractYarnClusterDescriptor.java:423)
                ... 9 more

Now, the property that is causing this error nodemanager.resource.cpu-vcores
is appropriately set in yarn-site.xml. The cluster is 3 ResourceManager (2
on standby) and 5 NodeManager. To be extra safe, I changed the value for
this property at ALL the Nodemanager’s yarn-site.xml.
I believe that this property is default set to 4. So I am trying to
understand as to why is this error cropping up.
The required environment variable is set as follows:
YARN_CONF_DIR=/opt/mapr/hadoop/hadoop-2.7.0/etc/hadoop/

I also tried setting the fs.hdfs.hadoopconf property (to point to the Hadoop
conf directory) in flink-config.yaml. But I still get the same error.

Any help with this error will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Aniket D

Re: Flink with Yarn on MapR

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hi,
I think this is a re-post of a question I've already "answered":