Posted to jaxme-dev@ws.apache.org by Mik Lernout <mi...@futurestreet.org> on 2004/03/14 23:54:17 UTC

Some initial questions

Hey guys,

I am in the process of making an xml-instance validator that validates
against a JaxMeXS object model and that is simple, rich and java-like to
use. I do have some questions though about JaxMeXS:

    * It is impossible to access the targetNamespace of an XSchema and
      I've attached a tiny patch that fixes this. (I have to start
      somewhere :-))
    * I am somewhat unsure on why the validating-parameter of the
      XSParser is true by default when I have never seen an XMLSchema in
      the wild with a DTD decalaration, can't it be set to false by default?

I was wondering if the project is interested in a validator like the one
I am making, I have already implemented most of Structures and have
begun at implementing Datatypes, just lem me know. Just to support this
request: there is a real need in the open source Java world for an easy,
light-weight, standards-compiant and robust XMLSchema object model and
validator. JaxMeXS already solves the first problem and it would be
nearly trivial to solve the second while we are at it.

I have also been looking at the XMLSchema compatibility tests like they
are outlined on
http://www.w3.org/2001/05/xmlschema-test-collection.html, all of them
seem to be written in the context of checking the compatibility of a
validator rather than that of an schema parser, so implementing them
would not make any sense in this context.

Anyone has some more thoughts on this?

Mik