Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Kip Lubliner <ki...@yahoo.com> on 2000/01/19 00:55:47 UTC

Building DOM objects directly , Xalan

I am trying to build DOM objects directly, without
reading from an XML file.  When I call
anXSLProcessor.process(), I get an exception (stack
trace at end of email).  I am using the LotusXSL apis,
BTW.  Here is how I am building the Document:

Document d = new DocumentImpl();
Element listview = d.createElement("listview");
d.appendChild(listview);
// etc.
anXSLProcessor.process(
    new XSLTInputSource(d),
    new XSLTInputSource("c:\\stylesheet.xsl"),
    out)

I couldn't find documentation on how to create the
DOMobjects.  Should I be using DOMImplementationImpl?

XSL Error: SAX Exception

SAX exception: DTMLiaison can not handle nodes of
typeclass org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImplDTMLiaison
can not handle nodes of typeclass
org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl

	at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.error(XSLTEngineImpl.java:1412)

	at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.error(XSLTEngineImpl.java:1377)

	at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.process(XSLTEngineImpl.java:606)

	at
com.lotus.xsl.XSLProcessor.process(XSLProcessor.java:227)

	at [my code]
---------

DTMLiaison can not handle nodes of typeclass
org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl

	at
org.apache.xalan.xpath.dtm.DTMLiaison.checkNode(DTMLiaison.java:136)

	at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.StylesheetRoot.process(StylesheetRoot.java:303)

	at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.process(XSLTEngineImpl.java:582)

http://im.yahoo.com

Re: Building DOM objects directly , Xalan

Posted by Tilmann Singer <ra...@rosa.com>.
I think this has been answered on the xalan-dev list: you should
instantiate your processor this way

XSLTProcessor processor =
  XSLTProcessorFactory.getProcessor(new
  org.apache.xalan.xpath.xdom.XercesLiaison());

hope that helps, tilmann