Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dan Jacobowitz <dr...@false.org> on 1998/06/25 22:11:24 UTC

-X oddity

I eventually managed to track the cause of the follwing, and became
much less panicked, but I really don't think this should happen:

I was debugging some mod_perl things, and because of a few weakness
with reloading changed code, I ran the server -X so I could more quickly
kill/restart it.  After thirty requests, it died.  For some reason, if
perl had been used at all in the session it exited with 'Aborted'
instead of silently - no idea why on that one.  But the cause was
MaxRequestsPerChild.  This is just enough to load two pages or so if
they are heavy on images, leaving -X a little bit useless.  Shouldn't
this be ignored in single-server mode?

Dan

Re: -X oddity

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Dan Jacobowitz wrote:

> I understand that - I just don't see why MaxRequestsPerChild should be
> honored under -X.

For one thing, it's good for an auto-shutoff, like -c for
ping or tcpdump.  -X means "run the server as normal, but
only use one process."  If you start making exceptions..

#ken	P-)}

Re: -X oddity

Posted by Dan Jacobowitz <dr...@false.org>.

Re: -X oddity