Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2019/11/18 14:41:46 UTC

BACnet/IP and KNXnet/IP stuff

Hi all,

I just wanted to tell you that in the Apache PLC4X project I’m working on two tuples of StreamPipes adapters:

  *   BACnet/IP
  *   KNXnet/IP

Both will contain two pipeline elements:

  *   A source which generates a data-stream of data going over the bus
  *   A transformer which enriches the raw data-stream with additional data

The BACnet/IP module uses EDE files to enrich the data-stream which enriches the stream with names, descriptions, locations, type information, min, max, …
The KNXnet/IP module uses ETS5 “knxproj” files which does something similar but uses the project files usually created when programming the KNX system.

Really looking forward to playing around with this.

Chris

Re: BACnet/IP and KNXnet/IP stuff

Posted by Dominik Riemer <ri...@apache.org>.
Great, that's very cool!

You can't imagine how much I'm looking forward to go back to real coding once my current "CSS-programming" is finished :D

Btw, the CSV metadata enricher is here:
https://github.com/streampipes/streampipes-pipeline-elements/tree/dev/streampipes-processors-transformation-jvm/src/main/java/org/streampipes/processors/transformation/jvm/processor/csvmetadata

It's not yet completely finished (we are rewriting the internal management of files), but I'm confident it will be part of the final pre-Apache release hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday!

Dominik