Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2002/11/11 12:12:16 UTC

Excalibur Meta update

Have just updated the Excalibur/Meta package to support the seperation
of the Profile abstraction from Merlin.  This is needed to support the
work that Marcus is doing in the Excalibur XFC package without creating
an explicit Merlin depedency.  The content seperated out from the
excalibur/assembly package excludes all of the container meta-data
structures.  For example, the container, classpath, logging system
descriptor, and kernel meta structures remain within Merlin.  Content
move to excalibur./meta includes the Profile class, builder and classes
aggregated by Profile.

Now I need to update the xdocs.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL
digital products for a global economy
mailto:mcconnell@osm.net
http://www.osm.net

Re: Excalibur Meta update

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Marcus Crafter wrote:

>Thanks Stephen, I'll check it out! :)

Super!

Have just updated the xdocs to include information of the root Profile
class, UML and an example of the XML supported by the profiule factory.
 I've also restructured the docs so that its more logical relationships
between Profile, Service and Type.

Cheers, Steve.

Re: Excalibur Meta update

Posted by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
Thanks Stephen, I'll check it out! :)

Cheers,

Marcus

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 12:12:16PM +0100, Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Have just updated the Excalibur/Meta package to support the seperation
> of the Profile abstraction from Merlin.  This is needed to support the
> work that Marcus is doing in the Excalibur XFC package without creating
> an explicit Merlin depedency.  The content seperated out from the
> excalibur/assembly package excludes all of the container meta-data
> structures.  For example, the container, classpath, logging system
> descriptor, and kernel meta structures remain within Merlin.  Content
> move to excalibur./meta includes the Profile class, builder and classes
> aggregated by Profile.
>
> Now I need to update the xdocs.
>
> Cheers, Steve.
>
> --
>
> Stephen J. McConnell
>
> OSM SARL
> digital products for a global economy
> mailto:mcconnell@osm.net
> http://www.osm.net

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: