Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by "litong.lt" <li...@alibaba-inc.com> on 2013/12/10 03:54:25 UTC

no drillbit to stop because kill -0 of pid 17149 failed with status 1

dear all:
	I have installed zookeeper and deploy it with distributed model, deployed drill with distributed model, modified storage-engines.json
"parquet" :
      {
        "type":"parquet",
        "dfsName" : "hdfs://drill1:9000"
      },
    "json" :
      {
        "type":"json",
        "dfsName" : "hdfs://drill1:9000"
      }

now, I can not stop the drill.
In each node of drill, excute the command like below:
	drill/bin/drillbit.sh stop
An error occur:
	no drillbit to stop because kill -0 of pid 22128 failed with status 1

how to stop the cluster of drill?

litong.lt@alibaba-inc.com

Re: no drillbit to stop because kill -0 of pid 17149 failed with status 1

Posted by Steven Phillips <sp...@maprtech.com>.
That message indicates that the Drillbit process was terminated previously
without using the drillbit.sh script.

To resolve this situation, you can run jps and to find the Drillbit
process, and use kill to stop it.