Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.at> on 2003/05/21 02:25:25 UTC

Fail to install/confige Cocoon for use with session management, authentication...

Even though I do not really understand the webapps documentation (as I
wrote in a previous posting) I tried at least to install a working
Cocoon version, where the authentication/session management etc. works.
and completly failed: I believe there should be two options:

(1) use milestone build:

this fails: it starts, but not even the authentication-testapplication
works, btw., there seem to be serious changes/bugs in the html generator
that make my complete project not running, which works excellent under
Cocoon 2.0.4. so this version seems to be not the best solution?

(2) use 2.0.4. but "build" it with special options?

I tried the following:

(a) build.sh installscratchpadwar
builds with no error, portal test does not work, no auth-xxx entries in
the sitemap

(b) Webapp Dev Doc says: to loo into the documentation in the scratchpad
folder. Cannot find any useful docu

(c) Installation document says to build Cocoon with the following command:

"build.sh -buildfile tools/build-s.xml" this fails completly: error,
because an ant task is not found

(d) Portal & Authentication sample: startpage says: "you have to build
the Cocoon webapp with the "-Dinclude.scratchpad.libs" option" no idea
what this should mean. Where can I put this option

I tried several other things. The problem is, that (see above) there are
at least 4 different descriptions for the same task and no one seems to
work.
At least, I believe no one works: the portal test worked in no one of
the described scenarios, and there is no documentation (I found) how to
add the auth-xxx actions into the sitemap.

PLEASE, can someone give me a hint how to install a Cocoon version,
where authentication works?

thank you in advance!!!

Alex