Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Gomathivinayagam Muthuvinayagam <sa...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/28 13:38:16 UTC

Could you answer the following kafka stackoverflow question?

I have just posted the following question in stackoverflow. Could you
answer the following questions?

I would like to use Kafka high level consumer API, and at the same time I
would like to disable auto commit of offsets. I tried to achieve this
through the following steps.

1) auto.commit.enable = false2) offsets.storage = kafka3)
dual.commit.enabled = false

I created a offset manager, which periodically creates offsetcommit request
to kafka and commits the offset.

Still I have the following questions

1) Does high level consumer API automatically fetches offset from kafka
storage and initializes itself with that offset? Or should I use simple
consumer API to achieve this?

2) Does kafka based storage for offsets is repicated across all brokers? Or
it is maintained on only one broker?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29909179/kafka-offsetcommit-request-with-high-level-consumer-api
Thanks & Regards,

Re: Could you answer the following kafka stackoverflow question?

Posted by Gomathivinayagam Muthuvinayagam <sa...@gmail.com>.
If I use high level consumer API, and also offset storage as kafka, does
high level consumer API takes care of everything?

Thanks & Regards,

Posted by Manoj Khangaonkar <kh...@gmail.com>.

--
http://khangaonkar.blogspot.com/