Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/02 06:13:07 UTC

Make cartridge-config.properties of SM to use host names instead of direct IPs

Hi All,

I think we should do $Subject. Hard coding IPs make it hard to run. Idea is
to try to utilize the configs in hosts file inside Stratos Manager (SM).

What do you think?

--
Best Regards,
Nirmal

Nirmal Fernando.
Senior Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.

Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/

Re: Make cartridge-config.properties of SM to use host names instead of direct IPs

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.
On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> We have message broker URL in SM in order to use by all cartridges. If we
> make the URL with host name, then how will a cartridge get the correct
> lookup unless it has a etc/hosts entry which needs the ip again or has DNS
> mapping or has some kind of look up mechanism.

These ips sent using payload. So same applies for CEP ip i think.

> How are we going to address this?
>
> Thanks,
> Reka
>

> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM, Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I think we should do $Subject. Hard coding IPs make it hard to run. Idea
>> is to try to utilize the configs in hosts file inside Stratos Manager (SM).
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> --
>> Best Regards,
>> Nirmal
>>
>> Nirmal Fernando.
>> Senior Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.
>>
>> Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/
>>

> --
> Reka Thirunavukkarasu
> Software Engineer,
> WSO2, Inc.:http://wso2.com,
> Mobile: +94776442007

Lahiru Sandaruwan
Software Engineer,
Platform Technologies,
WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middleware

email: lahirus@wso2.com cell: (+94) 773 325 954
blog: http://lahiruwrites.blogspot.com/
twitter: http://twitter.com/lahirus

Re: Make cartridge-config.properties of SM to use host names instead of direct IPs

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
You can find the IP address given a host name via InetAddress addr =
InetAddress.getByName(hostName)

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
I think we should. We can start with puppet, later we can introduce other
automation like cheft etc.

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Sajith Kariyawasam <sa...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> With puppet in place we no longer will have to keep MB and CEP ips in
>> this config file. Those will be kept in puppet master
>>

> Do we mandate the using of Puppet when it's available?
>

>>  On 2 Dec 2013 10:56, "Reka Thirunavukkarasu" <re...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> We have message broker URL in SM in order to use by all cartridges. If
>>> we make the URL with host name, then how will a cartridge get the correct
>>> lookup unless it has a etc/hosts entry which needs the ip again or has DNS
>>> mapping or has some kind of look up mechanism.
>>>
>>> How are we going to address this?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Reka
>>>

>>> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM, Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070125@gmail.com

>>> --
>>> Reka Thirunavukkarasu
>>> Software Engineer,
>>> WSO2, Inc.:http://wso2.com,
>>> Mobile: +94776442007

> Lahiru Sandaruwan
> Software Engineer,
> Platform Technologies,
> WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
> lean.enterprise.middleware
>
> email: lahirus@wso2.com cell: (+94) 773 325 954
> blog: http://lahiruwrites.blogspot.com/
> twitter: http://twitter.com/lahirus

Lakmal Warusawithana
Software Architect; WSO2 Inc.
Mobile : +94714289692
Blog : http://lakmalsview.blogspot.com/

Re: Make cartridge-config.properties of SM to use host names instead of direct IPs

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Sajith Kariyawasam <sa...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
Hi