Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by gllambi <gu...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/20 14:42:18 UTC

Competing consumers + redelivery policy

Hi guys!

Is there a way to define a thread pool for normal message delivery and
another thread pool for message redelivery?

I have a queue + redelivery policy and when three messages get locked for
redelivery, no new messages are send by "normal" message delivery.

I'm using AMQ with spring integration. Besides this is not a full AMQ
config, it's quite the same, so if there's a way to do it in AMQ I'll find
the way to make it in spring int

    <int-jms:channel id="jmsChannel" queue-name="queue.demo"
        acknowledge="transacted" error-handler="jmsErrorHandler"
concurrency="3" />

    <bean id="requestQueue"
class="org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQQueue" >
        <constructor-arg value="queue.demo" />
    </bean>

    <bean id="connectionFactoryBean"
            <property name="brokerURL" value="vm://localhost" />
            <property name="redeliveryPolicy" ref="redeliveryPolicy" />
    </bean>

    <bean id="redeliveryPolicy"
class="org.apache.activemq.RedeliveryPolicy">
        <property name="backOffMultiplier" value="3" />
        <property name="initialRedeliveryDelay" value="10000" />
        <property name="maximumRedeliveries" value="2" />
        <property name="queue" value="queue.demo" />
        <property name="useExponentialBackOff" value="true" />
    </bean>

thanks in advance!
Regards
Guzmán

Re: Competing consumers + redelivery policy

Posted by gllambi <gu...@gmail.com>.
Sorry Tuly, my mistake! I'm a bit new with AMQ :(

now with the nonBlockingRedelivery property is redelivery of messages
doesn't affect the normal delivery.

Unfortunatelly, now I've got another related issue: the exponential backoff
does not work well

I'm using AMQ 5.7 and here's my config:

<property name="backOffMultiplier" value="3" />
<property name="useExponentialBackOff" value="true" />
<property name="initialRedeliveryDelay" value="1000" />
<property name="maximumRedeliveries" value="5" />
<property name="queue" value="queue.demo" />

first redelivery: 39:41
second redelivery: 39:42
third redelivery: 39:45
fourth redelivery: 39:48
fifth redelivery: 39:51
sixth redelivery: 39:54

any idea?

Re: Competing consumers + redelivery policy

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
I don't think that comment has been addressed. Can you raise a new
issue to track that and if you have some simple test cases that can
demonstrate/exercise that would be a great help.
There are some new tests with the original commit that can provide templates.

https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/changelog/activemq?cs=1195615

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: Competing consumers + redelivery policy

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-1853

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com