Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by rb...@covalent.net on 2001/02/21 11:16:34 UTC

Re: CFLAGS vs. THREAD_CPPFLAGS

This probably used to work because Apache was never setting the flags.
This is a real PITA.  I don't really have the time to investigate right
now.  I'll try to look at it later too.

Ryan

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Solaris is failing to build right now because the sigwait()
> num-argument check is failing.
>
> When we run the test, -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS is not passed to the
> compiler so we get the one-argument version and SIGWAIT_TAKES_ONE_ARG
> is defined.
>
> When we compile apr/threadprox/unix/signals.c,
> -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS is passed to the compiler because
> apr_hints.m4 puts it in THREAD_CPPFLAGS.  Thus we get the prototype
> for the two-argument version and we fail to compile.
>
> Does anybody know exactly why this worked before?
>
> I'm not sure what the right fix is yet... gotta look further.
>
> --
> Jeff Trawick | trawickj@bellsouth.net | PGP public key at web site:
>        http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/9289/
>              Born in Roswell... married an alien...

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: CFLAGS vs. THREAD_CPPFLAGS

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@bellsouth.net>.
rbb@covalent.net writes:

> This probably used to work because Apache was never setting the
> flags.

oooooh... that is good to know...

I'll have to play with this before too terribly long, but definitely
not today.
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...