Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de> on 2020/10/26 10:42:22 UTC

Refactor Docker Package

Hi folks,

currently the Python support (in 0.10.1) is... well... improveable : )

As we started to work with IoTDB in Python I would like to refactor and improve the package in the master branch for the next release.
I already created an example (based on 0.10.1) branch which I just pushed to github here: https://github.com/JulianFeinauer/iotdb-session-py

The shell script shows how to build the package.

I would like to automate the setup oft he package with maven, then we could push it way easier to pypi.

Note, I had to name the package iotdb_session as the current package (thrift) is already called iotdb.

WDYT? Is anyone working at this at the moment?

Best
Julian

Re: Refactor Docker Package

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Oh, thank you Xiangdong <3

Will have a look later : )

Julian

Am 03.11.20, 20:56 schrieb "Xiangdong Huang" <sa...@gmail.com>:

    Hi Julian,

    I copied your package structure and use maven to generate it.

    see https://github.com/apache/iotdb/pull/1939

    Best,
    -----------------------------------
    Xiangdong Huang
    School of Software, Tsinghua University

     黄向东
    清华大学 软件学院

    Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de> 于2020年10月26日周一 下午9:28写道:

Re: Refactor Docker Package

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Julian,

Re: Refactor Docker Package

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi,

in fact so far I only worked in a separate github to provide it fort he old 0.10.1 release.

But ideally we would also do it in the release phase or at least very automated (again, see my repo there is a .sh to make the release): https://github.com/JulianFeinauer/iotdb-session-py

    Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de> 于2020年10月26日周一 下午8:56写道:

Re: Refactor Docker Package

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.