Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by craig w <co...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/13 11:39:47 UTC

upgrade from 0.24.1 to 0.25

When upgrading from 0.23.0 to 0.24.1, I installed the new binaries and
restarted the masters (all at once), then restarted all of the slaves.

I then observed all of the tasks that were running (via Marathon 0.10.x)
were restarted. I had expected "no downtime" or restarts, did I
misunderstand the upgrade instructions or did I perhaps do something
incorrectly?

When restartng the masters, should they be restarted gradually (restart a
master, wait 30 seconds, restart the next)?

I'm looking to upgrade from 0.24.1 to 0.25.0 but want to avoid having all
of the tasks restart again.

Thanks,
Craig

Re: upgrade from 0.24.1 to 0.25

Posted by Jeremy Olexa <jo...@spscommerce.com>.
Hi Craig, it was posted on the marathon email list that 0.11.0 is not safe for production.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/marathon-framework/u4-FKVkh5RQ/wH-s1sdECgAJ

________________________________
Posted by craig w <co...@gmail.com>.
Itamar,