Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2005/05/13 14:12:29 UTC

Commercial products on the "related products" page?

Hi,

Slava Imeshev of Viewtier Systems sent me a private email asking
whether it was OK to include links to commercial products on our
"related projects" page.  The original email - minus the actual patch
and Slava's phone number - is reproduced below (with Slava's
permission, of course).

We already point to commercial IDEs for example, so I don't see any
reason why we shouldn't do so for a buildserver, but maybe you feel
different about it?

Cheers

        Stefan

Re: Commercial products on the "related products" page?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Slava Imeshev of Viewtier Systems sent me a private email asking
> whether it was OK to include links to commercial products on our
> "related projects" page.  The original email - minus the actual patch
> and Slava's phone number - is reproduced below (with Slava's
> permission, of course).
>
> We already point to commercial IDEs for example, so I don't see any
> reason why we shouldn't do so for a buildserver, but maybe you feel
> different about it?
>
> Cheers

I'm happy with it, just mark it as commercial. But we need to reserve
the right to change our policy in future,
just in case we ever change our mind.

Having a look at external.xml, I think it is time we did an
update/cleanup of there. IDEA is listed at v2.0, for example.

Someone needs to update the resources page with Ant: TDG second edition,
which is based on Ant1.6.1, and a complete rewrite of the 1st edition. I
could do it, but run the risk of being slightly biased against it. I'll
add an entry on Pragmatic Automation though; I love that book.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
A snippet I forgot to forward 8-)

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
I had hopes that we'd use the wiki for this sort of stuff in the
future, allowing it to be self-serve.  The downside is that it's not
included in the current distributions, but we could probably do some
sort of <get> to pull wiki content into distributions as a snapshot.

     Erik