Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com> on 2017/11/24 20:05:56 UTC

[VR] dnsmasq reload instead of restart

Hi,

We recently found a way to reload dnsmasq process instead of doing a
restart.
Does anyone see a problem with that?  Basically we have to change where the
file /etc/dhcphosts.txt is define in the config so it would be define via
"--dhcp-hostsfile=/etc/dhcphosts.txt" when the process is start so it would
be re-read in a kill -HUP.

The problem to solve here is that during VM.CREATE in a VPC, the dns
service is restarted and cause DNS service interruption to VM inside the
VPC.

We are preparing a PR for this.

is this could be problematic for rVR ?

Thanks,

PL

Re: [VR] dnsmasq reload instead of restart

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.
good point !

Based on what I understand from dnsmasq, reload will not update conf for
the interface of a new network tier.

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.