Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2004/08/30 08:35:54 UTC

what's happening with notification?

Gump notification has been off for a while now and I'm starting to see
failures on dependent projects that are not being fixed.  Can we bring
notification back or is there a deeper problem?

Cheers, Steve.

RE: what's happening with notification?

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>.
>> - that plus hiking 50lbs of water uphill 5.5 miles to my hunting spot.
>
> Ouch!

Yeah, but I was still smiling at being in some beautiful countryside. :)

>> (staying at 1, the magic number for notifying) when I ported it to
> RDBMS
>> from DBM.
>
> Yep - was wondering about that.  So that is what was triggering the
> repetition of the messages.

Yeah, the logic is to tell folks the first time something is noticed (plus also, for failures, again nightly at official run). 'The first time' is determined by 'sequence in state' so if that never increments we get the Groundhog day effect...

>  I don't know if this is related but there
> does seem to be a problem with respect to dates presented for start and
> finish time.  Basically the run kicks of, and the start and current time
> is shown, but when the run finishes, the end time reverts back to the
> same value as the start time.  Secondly (but probably unrelated) times
> are presented as  UTC but they appear to be PST.

Yup, I decided to allow the DBM to RDBMS change to provoke a secs since epoch (int) to datetime.datetime change. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but it ny on killed me, it permeated so far (at I time I had little time). Times do need a cleanup, I'll enter that into JIRA.

Thanks for the observations, keep them coming.

regards

Adam

RE: what's happening with notification?

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

repetition of the messages.  I don't know if this is related but there

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Gump notification has been off for a while now and I'm starting to see
> failures on dependent projects that are not being fixed.  Can we bring
> notification back or is there a deeper problem?

Truth? Changing my daughter's diapers is taking priority. Ok, real truth -- that plus hiking 50lbs of water uphill 5.5 miles to my hunting spot.

Butm I will try to get to it now. The problem was to do with statistics (staying at 1, the magic number for notifying) when I ported it to RDBMS from DBM.

regards

Adam