Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by #HO QUOC THUAN# <th...@pmail.ntu.edu.sg> on 2004/09/27 03:29:12 UTC

Passing javascript variable's value to servlet

How can a variable's value in javascript be passed to one variable specified in vm template?
Following is my try but it failed, $list value captured at the server side is a string of "javascript:geta();".

Do you have any suggestion?

<script ...>
	var a;
	function geta()
	{
		return a;
	}
</script>

#set( $list =  "javascript:geta();")

Thank you,

_thuan

Re: Passing javascript variable's value to servlet

Posted by Shinobu Kawai <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi thuan,

> How can a variable's value in javascript be passed to one variable specified in vm template?
You can't.  Velocity and JavaScript work in different phases;
Velocity is used to create the HTML, whereas JavaScript is used to
execute it.
You'll have to figure a way to simulate the JavaScript's /result/ server side.

Best regards,
-- Shinobu Kawai

--
Shinobu Kawai(shinobu.kawai@gmail.com)