Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Shawn Castrianni <Sh...@halliburton.com> on 2008/04/15 08:00:54 UTC

defaultconf for publications

Let's say I have 5 configurations and 50 artifacts in my ivy.xml file.  Let's say all artifacts are valid for all configurations so I don't specify a conf on anything since the default is *.  Now let's say I introduce a new configuration that only 1 artifact belongs to.  Now I have to change all 49 artifacts and add a conf="conf1,conf2,conf3,conf4,conf5" since the default of * would now include the 6th configuration that I just added.  That is a pain.

It would be better to add a defaultconf attribute on the publications tag so that a missing conf attribute would default to the defaultconf instead of *.

---
Shawn Castrianni

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

RE: defaultconf for publications

Posted by "Brown, Carlton" <Ca...@compucredit.com>.
+1

Posted by Shawn Castrianni <Sh...@halliburton.com>.
IVY-801

---
Shawn Castrianni

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 8:00 AM, Shawn Castrianni <

> Let's say I have 5 configurations and 50 artifacts in my ivy.xml file.
>  Let's say all artifacts are valid for all configurations so I don't specify
> a conf on anything since the default is *.  Now let's say I introduce a new
> configuration that only 1 artifact belongs to.  Now I have to change all 49
> artifacts and add a conf="conf1,conf2,conf3,conf4,conf5" since the default
> of * would now include the 6th configuration that I just added.  That is a
> pain.
>
> It would be better to add a defaultconf attribute on the publications tag
> so that a missing conf attribute would default to the defaultconf instead of
> *.

It makes sense, please open a jira issue.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/