Posted to users@maven.apache.org by fa...@mpsa.com on 2005/09/08 15:09:50 UTC

Réf. : Advised Continous Integration tool?

Hi Wim,

one year ago, I had to choose a CI tool because my company needed one for
all its Java projects (about 150). After experimenting lots of them, the
choice was obvious to me: Luntbuild. (but this is my own experience)
Luntbuild is a very good compromise between easy-to-use and powerful-enough
qualities:
      - its GUI is very user friendly and intuitive to use: it's really
easy to learn how to use it
      - it allows you to define complex CI processes, with lots of
different parameters and conditions
So as I needed to target lots of development teams with different skill
levels, this was the best choice to me.
What's more, Luntbuild has very good SCM features.

Luntbuild's integration with Maven is minimal, but you can manage to handle
most cases thanks to properties that you can pass to the Maven command.
Personnally, I use Luntbuild's SCM features instead of Maven 1's ones.

Lots of our projects have been using Luntbuild for several months now, and
they appreciate it a lot.

As for now, IMHO, no other open-source CI tool can offer all what Luntbuild
does. But I'm really looking forward to seeing Continuum offering as many
functionnalities.

Best Regards / Cordialement,
Fabrice BELLINGARD
DINQ/DSIN/INSI/EATE/IDVS/AIDV
(+33) (01 61) 45 15 91  -  fabrice.belingard@mpsa.com

             Wim Deblauwe
             <wim.deblauwe@gm
             ail.com>                                                 Pour
                                       Maven Users List
             08/09/2005 13:22          <us...@maven.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

                 Veuillez                                            Objet
                répondre à             Advised Continous Integration tool?
             Maven Users List
             <users@maven.apa
                 che.org>

Hi,

I'm looking into CI tools and I wonder what other already use:
CruiseControl, LuntBuild, DamageControl, maven's own Continum, ...

What are your experiences with CI tools and Maven 1.x? What are the
advantages/disadvantages? I heared CruiseControl is not so easy to setup
compared to LuntBuild. Anyone caring to share his experience?

regards,

Wim