Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Danilo Reinhardt <da...@community4you.de> on 2009/10/05 10:27:47 UTC

FOP 0.9x Extension questions

Hello there!

I have a question about FOP 0.9x Extensions.

The problem i want  to solve is to add the well known AcroForms to a PDF using FOP 0.9x. I found an extension for 0.20.5, but some (not to say many) things have changed.

What i have done so far:
- create an ElementMapping
- create a class that extends ExtensionObj

The parsing of the fop xml works, the processNode() method of ExtensionObj is called.
But what next, the old 0.20.5 has had a method layout() which "connects" the ExtensionObj with an Area that is used to render to the pdf stream. Whats the correct way in 0.9x to connect my ExtensionObj with the PDF Renderer to write raw bytes to the outputstream?

Thank you for all help!
Bye Danilo