Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Carlos Kassab <ck...@glin.com.mx> on 2002/12/06 03:57:25 UTC

Mod Perl in Linux Mandrake

Hi:

I installed Apache in Linux Mandrake, Mod perl seems to be installed
according the rpm.

Now i installed the ASP module but i get the message that the Module
Apache:: ASP does not exist.

Somebody would knows how to solve this?

Thank you in advance for your help

Carlos Kassab

Re: Mod Perl in Linux Mandrake

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Carlos Kassab wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I installed Apache in Linux Mandrake, Mod perl seems to be installed
> according the rpm.
>

> Now i installed the ASP module but i get the message that the Module
> Apache:: ASP does not exist.
>
> Somebody would knows how to solve this?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help

Do yourself a favor and build everything by yourself. When you do that,
you don't need to guess why this or that doesn't seem to be what it's
likely to be.

If you persist and want to use a prepackaged things, that's cool too,
but... you have to be more helpful if you want help:

What Apache version do you have installed?
What mod_perl version you *seem* to have installed?
Can you use mod_perl as it's installed?
What perl version do you have installed?
When you've installed Apache::ASP (I assume via CPAN.pm) which Perl
installation did it go to?
Was mod_perl compiled with the same Perl, you've installed Apache::ASP with?

There are so many different versions and flavors of everything. If you
don't tell us *all* the details, we can't guess what you have.