Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steven Elliott <el...@mail.cibertribe.pt> on 2001/10/10 12:24:34 UTC

Poolman w/ TC4.0 final

I have been getting a PARSE error at line 1 column -1,
 org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: org.apache.crimson.parser/V-005 web-app

which is coming upon TC startup after dropping poolman.war (2.0.4) into the
TC webapps directory.  Tomcat will expand the WAR but when I try to access
the app via:
    http://my.server.com:8080/poolman/
I get a 404.

This is a fresh installation of TC v4.0 on a Win2000Pro platform.

poolman.jar is in the JRE/lib/ext directory so should be available to the
VM.
I have made all the other files related to poolman available in the same
directory:
    JRE/lib/ext
                    ant.jar
                    jdbc2_0-stdext.jar
                    jmxri.jar
                    jmxtools.jar
                    jta.jar
                    junit.jar
                    poolman-testsuite.jar
                    xerces.jar

I realize that the above is not ideal, but due to my unfamiliarity with Win
I thought I would start where everything could be found and then begin
optimizing the configuration once I had a working poolman.

Problem is with the SAX parser so if anyone can help it would be
appreciated.  Didn't find anything in the archives nor on the codestudio
site relating to the problem.

Has anyone got Poolman running successfully with TC4.0 on Win2000Pro?
If so could you detail your installation and related files.

Thanks for the help

Steven

//*
Steven Elliott      <HoT@vtvLearning.com
Head of Technology
VTV Learning Corporation
         Los Angeles  -  Boston  -  Lisbon
        (http://www.vtvLearning.com/)

Re: Poolman w/ TC4.0 final

Posted by Fabio Mengue <fa...@ccuec.unicamp.br>.
I'm getting the same kind of error. Something about the SAXParser.

Poolman 2.0.4, TC 4.0 with Linux (Kernel 2.4.5, Sun JDK 1.3.1_1).

I tried to put the poolman jar files on TOMCAT/common/lib. When I try to
execute the Poolman Database Client (Poolman.jsp), I get

org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown
Source)

And TC just CRASH.

Then I tried to put the poolman jar files on
TOMCAT/webapps/poolman/WEB-INF/lib. Tried to execute Poolman.jsp, and got

null
java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
com.codestudio.management.PoolManConfiguration.parseXML(PoolManConfiguration.java:121)

        at
com.codestudio.management.PoolManConfiguration.loadConfiguration(PoolManConfiguration.java:75)

Crash again.

I'm waiting for Poolman 2.1 (due for release Oct 8, er, 12 :). Hope this is
corrected by then.

Fabio.

--
Fabio Mengue - Centro de Computacao - Unicamp
fabio@ccuec.unicamp.br       fabio@unicamp.br