Posted to users@maven.apache.org by François Guérout <fr...@budget-box.com> on 2010/10/25 11:11:04 UTC

Release and deploy web application project with profiles

Hi,

I have a web application project in maven 2.2.
This project is customized for each of our customer, so we use "profiles" to add appropriate dependencies.
Until this point, all is working really great : we are building web app for each customer by using profile (-P argument).

But I have a problem to release and deploy this web application in its various profiles.
It seems that I can only release and/or deploy artifact in only one profile.
What I would like to do is to retrieve various artifacts in my maven repository with a different name.

Does release plugin and deploy plugin support different profiles ?
If not, how can I workaround this behaviour ?

Thanks in advance,

François

Re: Release and deploy web application project with profiles

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2010/10/25 François Guérout <fr...@budget-box.com>:
> I have a web application project in maven 2.2.
> This project is customized for each of our customer, so we use "profiles" to
> add appropriate dependencies.
> Until this point, all is working really great : we are building web app for
> each customer by using profile (-P argument).
>
> But I have a problem to release and deploy this web application in its
> various profiles.
> It seems that I can only release and/or deploy artifact in only one profile.
> What I would like to do is to retrieve various artifacts in my maven
> repository with a different name.
>
> Does release plugin and deploy plugin support different profiles ?
> If not, how can I workaround this behaviour ?

Probably profiles are not the best idea. I've never tried it, but you
might want to use the Maven WAR plugin directly (you can do it
multiple times), one for each of your customers, with a different
*classifier* (not profile).
this way, they should be deployed altogether, with the same artifact
but with different classifier.
About inclusion/exclusion, play with the different ?exclude and
?include parameters of the war:war goal:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/war-mojo.html

Antonio