Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ashish Kulkarni <as...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/09 23:16:13 UTC

Error starting static Resources, With Network drive

Hi
I am running tomcat on Windows XP, i have mapped a network drive to this PC
running Tomcat.
Under \conf\Catalina\localhost i created a xml file for specifying document
root
This XML file contains following code

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<Context crossContext="true" path="/myproject" displayName="myproject"
docBase="K:\\myproject\WebRoot\\">
</Context>
WhereK:\\myproject\WebRoot\\ is the network drive,
I am getting following error when i start tomcat
EVERE: Error starting static Resources
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base K:\myproject\WebRoot does
not exist or is not a readable directory
at
org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext.setDocBase(FileDirContext.java:140)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.resourcesStart(StandardContext.java:3848)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4019)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:759)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:608)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java:535)

If i have the same docBase to local drive like C:\\myproject\WebRoot\\
Then it works,
What may be the reason, is it possible to do so or not?

Ashish

Re: Error starting static Resources, With Network drive

Posted by Ashish Kulkarni <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi
I did try docBase as //mydrive/test/myproject/WebRoot
where k drive is mapped to //mydrive/test,
but i still get the same error
Is there a specific way to define UNC path in docbase?

Ashish

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.