Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Kanupriya Batra <ka...@adobe.com.INVALID> on 2020/03/18 10:29:44 UTC

Need for histogram type for Kafka Connect JMX Metrics

Hi,

We are using kafka-connect framework in our use-case, and would also like to track metrics for connectors/task. But currently Kafka Connect JMX metrics are not supporting histogram types due to which we are not able to plot percentiles on a lot of important metrics like :
kafka_connect_sink_task_metrics_put_batch_avg_time_ms, or kafka_connect_sink_task_metrics_sink_record_read_rate.
I see there is a KIP Ticket (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-196%3A+Add+metrics+to+Kafka+Connect+framework

) tracking the same, but it’s an old one from 2017 and there isn’t any progress after that.
Could you let me know if there are plans to support percentile metrics soon, if not, how can I achieve it from my end.

Thanks,
Kanupriya

Re: Need for histogram type for Kafka Connect JMX Metrics

Posted by mandeep gandhi <we...@gmail.com>.
>So, If the community is interested we can have the same approach in Kafka.
+1

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
Hello, Kanupriya