Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Guilherme Moro <gu...@ammeon.com> on 2015/11/24 13:45:48 UTC

Initial leader election

Hi,

I'm having a problem while trying to create the initial cluster, no leader
is elected.
For a start, let me explain my setup:
3 nodes
3 zookeepers
3 mesos-master services, configured as initctl services and controlled by
puppet, RPM's installed are from the RHEL repository at mesosphere
(installed through puppet as well), running on RHEL 6.6
Quorum is set to 2, as expected, all the remaining configs were double
checked and appears to be correct.
Most of times I can get the cluster to bootstrap after rebooting the nodes
(sometimes more than once).
The whole thing resembles a bit
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-2148 and

Even when I get the master elected, sometimes another couple of reboots or
restarts of the services are needed to get all the slave nodes added (they
are the same nodes as the masters).

I can quite easily reproduce this behavior, if someone cares to look at
logs tell me exactly what to collect and what logging flags I should enable.

So, should I maybe open a bug or is there any trick to bootstrap the
cluster that I'm losing here.

Regards,

Guilherme Moro

Re: Initial leader election

Posted by Guilherme Moro <gu...@ammeon.com>.
The nodes are quite fast to come up, but I will try to increase that for a
test anyway.
Either way, shouldn't the system try again automatically instead of just
issuing repeatedly "Replica in EMPTY status received a broadcasted recover
request" after a couple of failures?

Thanks for the answer.

Re: Initial leader election

Posted by Marco Massenzio <ma...@mesosphere.io>.