Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by se...@philips.com on 2002/07/10 15:57:38 UTC

HTTP Digest authentication and Tomcat 4.0.2

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to setup a web app protected with an http digest
authentication. Everything looks fine, except that Tomcat behaves like my
username/password were always wrong.
I tested it against the following clients (supporting digest auth of
course) :
- Opera 6.0
- Internet Explorer 5.5
- Espial http stack (java http stack)
It fails with all my clients.
In order to be sure that the problem was coming from Tomcat, I also set an
Apache 2.0.36 server with mod_auth_digest. And it worked with all clients
!

The strange thing is that I did not find any message on the web about a
bug in the digest auth.

Am I missing something ??? Did anyone already used that feature ?

Best regards,
Sebastien.