Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Poling <jp...@moody.edu> on 2011/02/05 00:23:20 UTC

[users@httpd] reverse proxy error

We are using apache as a reverse proxy in front of a number of applications.  In particular, it is in front of Peoplesoft Campus Solutions and other Peoplesoft applications.  SSL is used on the reverse proxy for those applications.  There is no SSL between the proxy and the backend servers.

We are seeing periodic (104)Connection reset by peer  messages in error_log.  The issue is difficult to reproduce.

The version of Apache we are using is 2.2.9.  Has anyone run into this type of problem before?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeffrey Poling
System Administrator | Information Systems
Moody Bible Institute
820 N. LaSalle Blvd., Chicago, IL 60610
312-329-8968
www.moodyministries.net<http://www.moodyministries.net>

RE: [users@httpd] reverse proxy error

Posted by Jeff Poling <jp...@moody.edu>.
Tom,

> Have you tried disabling keep-alive on the proxy connections? The app
> server may not support it.
>
> SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1

We did try disabling keep alives, but it did not seem to solve the issue.

We actually have three apache servers acting as reverse proxies for various applications.  We are only seeing the issue on one of them.

Jeff

Re: [users@httpd] reverse proxy error

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 11:23 PM, Jeff Poling <jp...@moody.edu> wrote:
> We are using apache as a reverse proxy in front of a number of
> applications.  In particular, it is in front of Peoplesoft Campus Solutions
> and other Peoplesoft applications.  SSL is used on the reverse proxy for
> those applications.  There is no SSL between the proxy and the backend
> servers.
>

> We are seeing periodic (104)Connection reset by peer  messages in
> error_log.  The issue is difficult to reproduce.
>

> The version of Apache we are using is 2.2.9.  Has anyone run into this type
> of problem before?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Jeff

Have you tried disabling keep-alive on the proxy connections? The app
server may not support it.

SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1

Cheers

Tom