Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch> on 2012/03/02 02:19:19 UTC

Heads Up POOTLE data are on the way

Hi at all

I just import the date... takes same time but it works now.

Greetings Raphael

Re: Heads Up POOTLE data are on the way

Posted by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch>.
Am 02.03.12 06:53, schrieb Yong Lin Ma:
> Sounds exciting. Is this about restoring data from previous pootle server?
Yes, it's from the backup that Martin provides from the old pootle
Server. At the moment we have only the UI Strings. I will work on the
helpcontent later.

Greetings Raphael

Posted by Yong Lin Ma <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andre Fischer <af...@a-w-f.de>.
Hi Raphael,

I have two questions regarding the uploaded data:

1. If I understand you correctly then you uploaded (or are uploading)
the backup data of the old pootle server.  What about languages that are
in extras/l10n but not in the backup?  Are you planning to upload them
too?  Do you need help?

2. What template are you using?  Did you run localize on our source tree?

Regards,
Andre

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 3/2/12 10:18 AM, Andre Fischer wrote:
> On 02.03.2012 09:47, Raphael Bircher wrote:

>>> That is great news. Could you describe in a few words how you did
>>> that, either here on the list or in the wiki ([1])? I would like to
>>> understand how it works.
>> I will documenting this later, but it's verry easy.
>
> Sounds good.
>

>> One Problem I have with the helpcontent2. I don't know if I can add this
>> without problem to the OOo Project without crashing the ui content. I
>> will try this on the VM now. Workaround would be to create a additional
>> project ooo_help (or samething like that).
>>
>> If we put it under OOo (if possible) then we will have Help content and
>> UI all in one project, I don't know if that is a good idea. Please give
>> feedback about it.
>
> As far as I understand it help content always was a separate project on
> the pootle server. Not necessarily for technical reasons but more for
> the moral of the translators. Help contains so many more strings than UI
> that even if you finished translating UI, pottle would tell you that
> only a small fraction of the whole set of strings (help + UI) where
> finished.
>
> I would vote for separating help from UI.

+1

Juergen

Posted by Andre Fischer <af...@a-w-f.de>.

Posted by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch>.