Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gabriel Gajdos <Ga...@ses.sk> on 2002/03/18 13:48:37 UTC

Re: URL Re-writting

| That's been really a great help.....Further can I control the length of
| this
| sessionID as I am working on a project for mobile devices and these devices
| dont support very long URLs.
|
| Thanks

I am affraid this was not able to set according to Tomcat current state of development...

If you really need to have shorter JSESSIONID, you must recompile some Tomcat classes...
But I do not know which ones...

May be one of  Tomcat developers could give us a hint... ;-)

GG

RE: URL Re-writting

Posted by Gurmeet <gu...@indicom.co.in>.
I m really grateful

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Gabriel Gajdos wrote:

> Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:48:37 +0100
> From: Gabriel Gajdos <Ga...@ses.sk>
> To: Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: URL Re-writting
>
> | That's been really a great help.....Further can I control the length of
> | this
> | sessionID as I am working on a project for mobile devices and these
devices
> | dont support very long URLs.
> |
> | Thanks
>
> I am affraid this was not able to set according to Tomcat current state of
development...

> If you really need to have shorter JSESSIONID, you must recompile some
Tomcat classes...
> But I do not know which ones...
>
> May be one of  Tomcat developers could give us a hint... ;-)

For Tomcat 4, session ids are created in the generateSessionId() method of
class org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase.

> GG

Craig

Re: URL Re-writting

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Gabriel Gajdos wrote:

> Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:48:37 +0100
> From: Gabriel Gajdos <Ga...@ses.sk>
> To: Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: URL Re-writting
>
> | That's been really a great help.....Further can I control the length of
> | this
> | sessionID as I am working on a project for mobile devices and these devices
> | dont support very long URLs.
> |
> | Thanks
>
> I am affraid this was not able to set according to Tomcat current state of development...
>
> If you really need to have shorter JSESSIONID, you must recompile some Tomcat classes...
> But I do not know which ones...
>
> May be one of  Tomcat developers could give us a hint... ;-)

For Tomcat 4, session ids are created in the generateSessionId() method of
class org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase.

> GG

Craig

RE: URL Re-writting

Posted by Gurmeet <gu...@indicom.co.in>.
I hope TomCat developers also go thru this list and would revert on this.

My coner is that by using URL - rewritting  its eating up 24 bytes of URL -
32 for the ID and rest for the string ";jsessionID="