Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Ignacio J. Ortega" <na...@siapi.es> on 2001/01/12 17:24:51 UTC

3.2 cvs problems with ROOT context?

Hola a todos:

I dong a brief review of 3.2.2 from cvs this evening, only to give a
look over the latest ( big ) changes and so on...

But after a cvs update a "build all" and double checked everything
AFAIK, i can not get http://localhost:8080/ in my browser, i can access
examples context but it seems that i can not access ROOT context  @:( ,
so i'm really suprised and stucked, do a new check of everything , and
nope!! nothings works in the ROOT context !!!!

IMHO i'm forgetting something, or i can fire my dev system or i'm mad (
as usual )...

Being addicted to debuggers,i did a try, a simple look inside, and whats
my surprise  ROOT context is mounted !!! but in "" path and
SimpleMapper1 is trying to map a path="/" ..... I recall that the
correct behavior the path as "" not "/" but... i've decided to ask
everybody, to test that nothing is bad on my side...

Everybody can access a freshly checkout of Tomcat 3.2.2 from cvs build
them and access http://localhost:8080 without problems???

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega