Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net> on 2004/04/15 23:42:06 UTC

Re: svn commit: rev 10033 - in incubator/spamassassin/trunk: . lib/Mail spamd

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 02:19:08PM -0700, Justin Mason wrote:
> BTW, I think we should make Storable a Makefile.PL prerequisite (assuming
> it works ;).   I can't see spamd being much use without it for the typical
> use-case...

Well, yes and no.  If you're not going to run with user-switching,
it's not required.  So if someone installs it for themselves, or it's
a high-throughput site, or ...

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the

Re: svn commit: rev 10033 - in incubator/spamassassin/trunk: . lib/Mail spamd

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 03:24:37PM -0700, Justin Mason wrote:
> > > How's about spamd dies at startup -- before even forking -- if the
> > > options *would* require Storable, but it's not installed?   (basically
>
> Nifty -- but that's post-daemonize.  Hence stderr will be /dev/null...

Oh.  Different level of "forking". ;)

I'll see what I can do about that.  There's actually no reason off the
top of my head to daemonize before we spawn the children anyway, so ...

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Good news, good news abounds."            - Prof. Branche

Re: svn commit: rev 10033 - in incubator/spamassassin/trunk: . lib/Mail spamd

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 03:20:08PM -0700, Justin Mason wrote:
> How's about spamd dies at startup -- before even forking -- if the
> options *would* require Storable, but it's not installed?   (basically

Already done. ;)  The code looks like:

# If we're going to be switching users in check(), let's backup the
# fresh configuration now for later restoring ...
my %conf_backup = ();
if ($setuid_to_user) {
  $spamtest->copy_config(undef, \%conf_backup) ||
    die "error returned from copy_config, no Storable module?\n";
}

# Fork off our children.
for ( 1 .. $childlimit ) {
  spawn();
}

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Deja Fu: The feeling that somehow, somewhere, you've been kicked in the