Posted to general@xml.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com> on 2001/12/05 19:26:14 UTC

Re: entity resolver project

Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> wrote:

<snip>

>> i think that it'd be very useful if norman's entity catelog could be
>> accepted into xml.apache.org with a wider - rather than a narrower -
>> remit
>> to address broader entityresolver issues. of course, the catelog would be
>> the core but other implementations (which solve other problems) could
>> find
>> a home there as well. also, questions on entity resolver issues could be
>> redirected there from the lists at jakarta without any worries.
>
> I totally agree with you. So, are you proposing a full sub-project under
> xml.apache.org for that entity resolving code?

not necessarily. i don't think that i'm in a position to have a good
opinion about where the contribution should go :)

i do think that it'd be a good idea to draw up the project/subproject
documentation with a wide scope so that it can include general entry
resolving code in addition to the catalog-related code.

(BTW i'm subscribe to the digest so i'm usually very, very late on threads)

- robert