Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by La...@WellsFargo.COM on 2002/11/13 02:22:25 UTC

Xalan-Java 2 new features

Hello:

I am currently using Xalan -Java 1 version 1.0.1 processor. I want to
upgrade to the latest version of Xalan processor. However, in order to do
so, I need to find out new features of Xalan processor compared to Xalan
Java 1 version 1.0.1. Does anyone have any idea as to how much Xalan has
evolved over last couple of years ..

The need for me, of upgrading to the latest Xalan processor arises due to
the longer transformation time that it takes to transform XML document using
XSL stylesheet. Moreover, in the system that I am currently working on, we
doubt that there might be synchronous calls inside old Xalan/Xerces library
which cause the bottlneck. If anyone can throw some light on these issues
and/or point me to relevant documentation, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Thanks much.
Kaushik.