Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Gopikrishnan Kookkal <go...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/02 08:23:15 UTC

How to make parse-xml plugin (NUTCH-185) compatible with the latest trunk ?

Hi,
We used (NUTCH-185) XMLParser configurable xml parser plugin in our
project for indexing XML documents.

When we moved to NUTCH1.0 source base, we find errors while building
the XMLParser plugin due to the changes related to using NutchDocument
instead of Document. Has anybody build this XMLParser plugin for the
truck. Can anybody suggest me code changes to make Parse-xml code
compatible with the latest trunk:

Here is the main error i faced, when moving from Document to NutchDocument:

nutch\src\plugin\parse-xml\src\java\org\apache\nutch\parse\xml\XMLIndexer.java:79:
add(java.lang.String,java.lang.String) in
org.apache.nutch.indexer.NutchDocument
cannot be applied to (org.apache.lucene.document.Field)
    [javac]                             doc.add(field);
    [javac]

Any help would be very much useful.
Thanks,