Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Angelo Lazzari <la...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/03 12:22:17 UTC

Crash on AIR app

Hi all,
i'm experiencing a really problematic crash on my app using the last AIR
version and the 4.13 Flex version.

The problem is that the crash happens ONLY with the build version of the
app and NOT when i'm debugging the SAME application.

I noticed that the debug version shows (in a random way) a :
*[WARN] SST found empty bitmap data in: txtPrice *

Could this warning be the cause of the crash,.,.... but only in a Iphone 5s
not in a iphone4s, both with IOS 8.1.1??

Anyway, in the IOS crash file (attached) we can detect an:
Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Subtype: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000006f63657b
Triggered by Thread:  0

The question: is there the way to build a "debug" version that writes a log
file on the device (as is would be a debug version) so is going to write
the console messages in that file so we could read afterwards?

Thank you very much
Angelo

Re: Crash on AIR app

Posted by Subs <su...@leeburrows.com>.
have you tried 4.14 ?

On 13/01/2015 20:28, jdoyle wrote:
> I seem to be having a similar issue with my app did you ever find a solution
> for this?

Lee Burrows
ActionScripter

Re: Crash on AIR app

Posted by "kevin.godell" <ke...@gmail.com>.
@Angelo

I am curious about the setup of you app. Is it a
tabbedViewNavigatorApplication? I presume the txtPrice is a textinput?

When I switch tabs in my tabbed app on iphone5c, the prepopulated textInput
text will be empty, until I give focus to the textInput, at which point it
appears. If I switch tabs again, before focusing the textinput and making
the text appear, I used to get that SST warning. It seems that the warning
was removed in the later versions of 4.14, but the problem still exists.
Though, I never had a crash from it.

I patched my TextInput.as by adding validateNow(); beneath the line
super.text = value; to get my text to be visible after a tab change.

Re: Crash on AIR app

Posted by Angelo Lazzari <an...@redtulp.com>.
still having the problem

Re: Crash on AIR app

Posted by jdoyle <jd...@hitpointstudios.com>.

Re: Crash on AIR app

Posted by Héctor A <ne...@gmail.com>.
Well, changing the AIR SDK implies many things... aside from internal
changes in AIR itself it also means you are using a newer iOS SDK, and iOS
8 changed several things. At first I'd discard the AIR and Flex SDKs,
otherwise a lot of us would be suffering the same issue (unless you are
using some wrong AIR SDK or making something rather strange with text
controls), also, the warning you've posted is not that uncommon, I've seen
it myself several times.
You could log to the console using some ANE implementing NSLog, there are a
few out there, but don't have one at hand at this moment.

Could you try your App with any ANE disabled?

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Angelo Lazzari <an...@redtulp.com>
wrote:

> Yeah, i'm using ANE but the same app worked on the same device for more
> that a year, the only thing it's changed is the flex framework and the AIR,
> package.
>
> Is there a way to write a console log file on the mobile?
>
> Thanks
> Angelo
>

> El Thu Dec 04 2014 at 13:44:18, Subscriptions (<
> subscriptions@leeburrows.com>)
> escribió:
>
> > the [WARN] trace you are seeing is generated by the mobile
> > TextInput/TextArea skins - seeing it doesnt necessarily mean there's a
> > problem; i suspect its not related to your app crashing
> >
> > are you using any ANEs or 3rd party code?
> >
> > Lee Burrows
> > ActionScripter
> >
> > On 03/12/2014 11:22, Angelo Lazzari wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > i'm experiencing a really problematic crash on my app using the last
> > > AIR version and the 4.13 Flex version.
> > >
> > > The problem is that the crash happens ONLY with the build version of
> > > the app and NOT when i'm debugging the SAME application.
> > >
> > > I noticed that the debug version shows (in a random way) a :
> > > *[WARN] SST found empty bitmap data in: txtPrice *
> > >
> > > Could this warning be the cause of the crash,.,.... but only in a
> > > Iphone 5s not in a iphone4s, both with IOS 8.1.1??
> > >
> > > Anyway, in the IOS crash file (attached) we can detect an:
> > > Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
> > > Exception Subtype: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000006f63657b
> > > Triggered by Thread:  0
> > >
> > > The question: is there the way to build a "debug" version that writes
> > > a log file on the device (as is would be a debug version) so is going
> > > to write the console messages in that file so we could read afterwards?
> > >
> > > Thank you very much
> > > Angelo

Re: Crash on AIR app

Im not aware of any automatic way to save the console output to a file
but you can use Adobe Scout to view the console output in real time.

If you want to rule out the [WARN] trace as a possible cause, test your
app with TextInput/TextArea skins set to
spark.skins.mobile.TextInputSkin/TextAreaSkin

Lee Burrows
ActionScripter

Re: Crash on AIR app

Posted by Angelo Lazzari <an...@redtulp.com>.