Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Roberta Marton <ro...@esgyn.com> on 2016/01/04 21:24:21 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Trafodion 1.3.0 rc5 (incubating)

Thanks to everyone for participating in the review and voting process for
Apache Trafodion release 1.3.0 release candidate 5, the voting cycle is now
closed.

The vote passes with 3 binding +1 votes, and no 0 or -1 votes.

+1 from:

Hans Zeller

Steve Varnau

Michael Stack

Original e-mail:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-trafodion-dev/201512.mbox/ajax/%3C835f19bc6267f402358a71221c2b6afc%40mail.gmail.com%3E

We asked Justin Mclean from the Apache incubator team who is familiar with
copyright and license information to take a look and verify the license and
copyright information was correct.

The following is a list of issues he found. It was determined that these
issues can be fixed in a subsequent release, Jira’s were created for each
issue.

-    TRAFODION-1733: Incorrect information included in LICENSE file

o    The Facebook copyright is already Apache and does not need to be in
the LICENSE file

o    Asciidocs is included but not used

-    TRAFODION-1725: missing licenses for:

o    MooTools Framework MIT licensed Copyright Valerio Proietti

o    swscanf.cpp/swprintf.cpp BSD license copyright Chris Torek

o    JQuery files - JQuery Foundation, Inc

-    TRAFODION-1734: Suggestions for licensing improvements:

o    Should specify the type of license in the LICENSE file instead of
requiring a lookup in the corresponding license text.

o    Should copy all license text to Apache Trafodion instead of specifying
an external link.  The external license could change.

There was also a concern that changes made to some of the BSD copyrighted
files were more than minor so additional copyright information may be
required.  JIRA TRAFODION-1735 has been created to track this issue.

   Regards

    Roberta

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Trafodion 1.3.0 rc5 (incubating)

Posted by Suresh Subbiah <su...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, missed the [VOTE] email. I did see messages about build issues we
had and suggestions related to that, but did not connect it back to the
original [VOTE] message.
My vote would have been a +1 anyway, based on the checks I had done on the
previous release candidate.

Thanks
Suresh

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.