Posted to log4net-dev@logging.apache.org by Raghunandan S <Ra...@Lntemsys.com> on 2008/02/29 06:33:38 UTC

Logging issues

Hi,
    I am using RollingFileAppender and LeveMatchFilter (filters) to log
different types of logs into different files.
I am able to log Info log into info_<date>.log file, debug log into
debug_<date>.log file and error into error_<date>.log
But due to the default LockingModelBase (as exclusive lock) of
RollingFileAppender, I'm getting the error:
log4net: ERROR [RollingFileAppender] Unable to acquire lock on file .....
In order to resolve this, I have put MinimalLock for the appender, I was
able to resolve the error. But now the problem is, I am seeing multiple
log entries of same information (message) 3 or 4 times in the same file.
Eg. Info 1 is logged 4 times in info_<date>.log file

Please help me to resolve this new issue

Thanks,
Raghunandan S