Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Bob.Aiello" <ra...@acm.org> on 2009/09/03 06:43:32 UTC

Please give me your feedback on this article

Hi everyone,

recently, I had to write an Ant script that would run a Makefile and
then catch the success or failure
of the Makefile (I had a mechanism to return this information to a
Dashboard that showed
the Makefile success or failure). I wrote an article in CM Basics
( http://www.cmcrossroads.com/content/view/13261/120 ) on how to do this
and I would appreciate
feedback from other people who Ant. Are there other ways to do this?

I found that some of the examples posted in other places actually did
not work for me.
(One reason is that initializing the resultproperty="myStatus" variable
could not be
overwritten in call.)

I am interested in whether or not there are other (better) ways of doing
this.

Bob Aiello
Editor in Chief
CM Crossroads