Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by "ming.zym@gmail.com" <mi...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/01 05:39:16 UTC

Re: Proxying to dynamically changing origin servers

hmm, that is hard to solve by TS, why not setup some vpn tunnel, ie
using tap or tun etc, that will make things much easy for manage

在 2011-08-31三的 10:56 +0200,Rene Mayrhofer写道:

RE: Serving Stale Cached Content when origin server unreachable

Posted by "Walsh, Peter" <Pe...@disney.com>.
Hello all,
I just wanted to follow up on my earlier email below here to see if someone can confirm my assumptions.
Thank you,

Pete Walsh
Software Engineer
206-664-4150

I found information in the Admin docs that indicate if the origin server doesn’t respond to a revalidation query, Traffic Server serves stale data along with a warning.

My question is:  How often will Traffic Server try to revalidate the object when it has already been unable perform a revalidation query for that object before?  My assumption is that Traffic Server will attempt to perform the revalidation on a single client request at a time and any other requests that come in for that same object will be served the stale cached object for as long as the time set in “proxy.config.connection_collapsing.revaliate_window_period”.  Is this correct?

Thanks in advance,

Pete Walsh
Software Engineer
206-664-4150

Serving Stale Cached Content when origin server unreachable