Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/12 14:44:28 UTC

[DISCUSS] 4.15 or move to 5.0?

I remember a passing comment, but I forget the decision: what's up for
the 4.x release line post 4.14 and 5.0?

Was 5.x going to move to master and then make 4.x branches for any more
4.x releases?

Related question I think I know the answer to: how much longer are we
going to continue work on the 4.x line? (as long as there are related
HBase releases, I imagine)

- Josh

Re: [DISCUSS] 4.15 or move to 5.0?

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
With my work hat on I would request the 4.x line continue for as long as
HBase 1.x does. Probably it would be best if eventually there is only one
active 4.x branch that follows the HBase 1.x minor release progression. So
it would target 1.4 today, then 1.5, then 1.6 (and I'm not sure there will
be more 1.x after that but who can say, releasing is an emergent community
process)

--
Best regards,
Andrew