Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Thomas Anderson <t....@gmail.com> on 2011/10/01 11:38:28 UTC

Get job's log information in hadoop mapredcue

I try adding following properties to conf/log4j.properties in hadoop
0.20.2 for testing to get log info in my job

log4j.appender.INFO=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.INFO.target=System.out
log4j.appender.INFO.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.INFO.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{yy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss} %p
%c{2}: %m%n

But the output in userlogs/ doesn't show any customized log info for my job.

Wiki (http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToConfigure) states that default console
will log with System.err. Changing System.err to System.out does work.

Also, adding (searching on the internet it comes out a thread on
mailing list - http://goo.gl/esJWZ)

log4j.logger.org.apache.hadoop=DEBUG

seems doesn't help either.

What am I missing?